Balenciaga: 'the master' of couture's sculptural garments - in pictures
The work of Cristóbal Balenciaga, one of the 20th century's most revered fashion designers, is on display at Bendigo Art Gallery. The Shaping Fashion exhibition, curated by London's Victoria & Albert Museum, explores the legacy of the Spanish couturier and his pioneering use of fabrics which revolutionised the silhouette. The exhibition features more than 100 garments and hats by the designer and sit alongside archival sketches, patterns, photographs, fabric samples and catwalk footage. Balenciaga's pieces - characterised by their sculptural quality, deft manipulation of textiles and dramatic use of colour and texture - were revered by his contemporaries, including Christian Dior and Coco Chanel, and continue to inspire fashion designers today. • Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion is on at the Bendigo Art Gallery until 10 November 2019Continue reading ...
The last Posts from "The Guardian"
- Don't wait for festival season for a neon glow | Funmi Fetto
- The edit. Orange
- Milan fashion week autumn/winter 2020: the key shows - in pictures
- Bottega Veneta's ‘boy wonder' takes Milan by storm with Insta-friendly creations
- The best fashion store makeup | Sali Hughes
- Danny Cipriani posts emotional video about ex-girlfriend Caroline Flack
- Versace steers its trademark glamour beyond gender
- Marni blends old and new fabrics looking for beauty in leftovers
- How to wear the new emo look | Priya Elan
- Caroline Flack death: hair salons boycott 'toxic' gossip magazines
- Les Wexner sells control of Victoria's Secret amid declining sales
- Laura Ashley to raid archives as home furnishing sales plunge
- From Danielle Steel to Daikon radish: this week's fashion trends
- The best women's trouser suits for all ages - in pictures
- 'One in four cowboys were black'. The Yee Haw Agenda's founder on the politics of cowboy style
- Prada rips up rulebook for pleated midi skirts in Milan
- How the resale revolution is reshaping fashion - video explainer
- 'I took up so much room': Zoe Williams' week of wearing shoulder pads
- New York fashion college apologizes for runway show criticised as 'clearly racist'
- Why owning fewer clothes makes you a better dresser
The headlines of TopFash
Kim Kardashian Age, Height, Plastic Surgery, Robbery, Worth- WikiFamous
Kimberly Noel Kardashian in short Kim Kardashian is an American Television Personality. The way she becomes famous cannot be pulled off by some ordinary girl.
Daniel Lee Stages His Very Own Spaghetti Western For Bottega Veneta Fall 2020
In a few short seasons, Daniel Lee has made Bottega Veneta the It brand of all of Milan, if not all of fashion. Devotees can't snap up his square-toed shoes and quilted bag...
LEJE FW20 COLLECTION
BLOWN AWAY - LA FEMME MAGAZINE
The Victorian Delight for Elegant Magazine by Kinia Podsiadlo
Milan Fashion Week So Far, Woolmark Prize winner and more of the news you missed
At Woolmark Prize Fashion Show Richard Malone Wins Big At the tail end of London Fashion Week, the Woolmark Company announced announced Richard Malone as the winner of its...
Are Love Is Blind's Giannina and Damian Still Together? Netflix Left the...
They made it down the aisle, but did Love Is Blind stars Giannina Gibelli and Damian Powers end up exchanging vows? The Netflix show left the couple on a cliffhanger after the...
‘Friends' cast to reunite for exclusive HBO Max special
They'll all be there for you! The cast of “Friends” is set to reunite for a special on HBO Max, the streaming service said, in a “celebration of the beloved show.” The untitled...
Meghan Markle, Prince Harry Are Dropping Their 'Sussex Royal' Branding
The couple will not be using the term "royal" for their new foundation, a spokesperson said.
Versace Tones Things Back for Fall 2020
Last September, Donatella Versace orchestrated the social media moment of the season when she asked one Jennifer Lopez to close out her Spring 2020 fashion show, strutting down...